Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Taliesin West

 In all the years I lived in Arizona I never went out to see Frank Lloyd Wright's Talesin West, so this time I did it! If you've never been that interested in FLW you should read Loving Frank. It's a really good book. I've always loved his architecture so it was great to see this place.
 I just wish this was my house and my backyard
 and my pool. There were even cute little bunnies hopping around out here!
 It was a hot day, about 110 degrees. It's hard to believe he built this place and didn't have any air-conditioning when he stayed there!
I love this breezeway. It seems so chic and 60's ish.
 This is outside the studio where there are actually on site architecture students who are doing the FLW Master's program.
 Love these red doors outside the theater/chapel.
It was a fun outing with my mom!

No comments: