Sunday, September 14, 2008

We Sail!






Just like Bob at Lake Winnepausaukee, we can now say "WE SAIL!" We won a day trip on a 30ft sailboat at an auction, so last Sunday afternoon the owners Lance & Mary Lindsley took us out on their boat the Viking Star. We left from the Tacoma Yacht Club and sailed in Commencement Bay and over to Brown's Point, Maury Island, and Vashon Island. It was perfect weather! Sunny and a bit windy. We saw some guys sailboarding and that was really cool. They would flip up into the air about 20 feet on the boards! Hayden was deathly afraid we would see a shark or a whale, but no such luck. I took a whole bunch of really cool pictures with my new fancy camera, only to find out after we got home that I didn't have the memory card installed!!!! Thank goodness I snapped a couple with my little cheapie camera (because those were the ones I was going to quickly upload and blog with) I feel a little sick when I think of all the cool pictures I could have had. It was just SO beautiful out there and such a fun experience!

2 comments:

Amy said...

What a great day. We are sooo lucky to live by the Puget Sound. We are surrounded by so much beautiful scenery. That is such a great experience for the kids. What a bummer about your camera.

Starbucks Junkie said...

How cool, at least you got a few pictures. OK Carson might need to have the surgery I had when they took out a quarter of an inch of my top gum bone. He has got some space in there:)