Friday, March 5, 2010

L'Arc de Triomphe

The Arc de Triomphe is in the center of an intersection where about 13 streets meet and there are like 5 lanes in a roundabout, it's crazy busy! The good news is that there is an underground passage for pedestrians so you walk under all the traffic and come out right at the base of the Arc. Pretty cool. The Tomb of the Unknown Soldier is directly beneath it with its ever burning flame. The details on everything are amazing. We climbed to the top (more circular stone stairs) and the view is spectacular.
This is the sign for the Musee d'Orsay. Of course I had to stand by it because Mo is my nickname :) We only did the Louvre, but I definitely want to come back some day and go through the M'O so I can see all the Impressionists works!

Dad and me inside the Louvre. So much to see! These cases had the coolest miniature artifacts. I can't imagine having to dust and clean all those knick knacks!



I couldn't resist. Hope I don't get an Egyptian curse.


No comments: